Wednesday 26 April 2017

Nexplanon & Weight Gain

Okay, so I've been absent for a while and I don't really have an excuse, other than to say that there's been a lot going on.

I was struggling with a significant weight gain that was causing me to restrict to less than 100 calories a day. Even on so little, I would still gain.


I was also suffering with pretty severe constipation and was sure that was the cause of the gain. So after weeks of using Macrogol (Movacol, to some), I was able to open my bowels. I did drop a little weight, but not much.

Then, I had a brainwave. I had recently had my contraceptive implant swapped. They have to be changed every three years, and mine was coming up for replacement. I had it changed, and that corresponded almost to the day, to my weight gain. I had previously had the Implanon implant, but it was replaced this time with the Nexplanon one.

I started researching and I consistently saw reviews online of people gaining huge amounts of weight and not being able to shift it. Many responses were cynical, almost, saying that they were not trying to lose weight hard enough, that it was not the implant at all. But I believed the posters, because I HAVE AN EATING DISORDER and I was still gaining weight. All of my blood work had come back fine (apart from having anaemia), so I knew the gain was not related to an undiagnosed thyroid illness.

When these people posted, weeks or months after they'd had it removed, the weight loss they had experienced was incredible. It just fell off them.

So, guess what? In one of the most disordered actions of mine to date, I've had mine taken out. Yesterday. I know that I'm supposed to be in recovery, and that recovery makes you gain, but I'm struggling with it and this weight gain is toooooo fast. I want to be back to where I was.

Ugh, even that sounds disordered. I don't know, it's complicated.

But for the record, my weight on the date of it's removal was 122.8lb.

I shall keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment